In May 2013, The Coseley School became a Co-operative Trust School.
What is a Trust School?
This is a school that, while still being part of the local family of schools, has the opportunity to be supported by a Charitable Trust set up to help drive improved standards in school, in particular through engaging with the wider community.
Co-operatives are based on the values:-
- Self help
- Self responsibility
Co-operative members believe in:
- Social responsibility
- Caring for others
The Co-operative trust model aligns well with our community school ethos. Enabling those who are directly involved to become engaged in it’s long term strategic direction. The partners in our Trust are Hillcrest School, Dudley Sixth and Dudley Local Authority.
What is the Coseley Co-operative Trust focus?
- To sustain and improve further standards and outcomes for all pupils
- To have consistently high expectations in school
- To ensure every pupil achieves their highest possible potential
- To recognise the role the school plays in the development of its pupils and recognising the positive contribution they make to the Coseley Community
- To work effective with parents/carers, professionals and the wide community.
In order to fulfil our high expectations in school, many of our classrooms have been refurbished recently and have interactive whiteboards to aid independent learning and encourage pupilleadership. The school has a dedicated Art block containing two fully equipped art studios. Our Science laboratories and ICT suites all contain the latest technology to maximise student learning.
The Expressive Arts department has excellent sports facilities which include:-
- A fully equipped gymnasium
- Sports hall
- Courts for badminton, volleyball, basketball, tennis and five-a-side football.
- Squash courts
- Cricket nets
- Weights room
- Air conditioned state-of-the-art Dance studio
- Fitness Suite
- Drama Studio
- Full size, floodlit, synthetic pitch
- 5 soccer pitches
- Mini soccer pitches
- Rugby pitch
- 8-lane athletics track
- Throwing/jumping area
- Floodlit hard surface area for netball and outdoor basketball
- Competition standard long jump and triple jump pit
- All weather synthetic cricket wicket
Coseley School has a very high reputation for dance and drama. We have a purpose built dance studio that hosts dance festivals for local primary and secondary schools. Our students take part in performances across the borough. ICT is regularly used within the Expressive Arts area, including blue screen digital video work, soundbeam technology and animated 3D choreography software.